I hope you guys love this Asparagus + Egg Breakfast Skillet!! Loaded with tons of fun flavors, is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and perfect for your next brunch!!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 bunch asparagus (I like the thin ones)
- 7 oz. sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, cook the bacon in an ovenproof skillet, flipping frequently, until cooked.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Cut the ends off your asparagus (I usually cut about 2-3 inches off the bottom) and put them into the skillet with the bacon grease. Use tongs to toss the frequently.
- While the asparagus is cooking, make the sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes (and all the oils in the jar) into the food processor along with the cilantro and almonds.
- Process until chopped and combined.
- Once the asparagus is bright green, create little divots – I made three.
- Crack the eggs into the divots and continue to cook.
- Add dollops of the pesto into the skillet.
- Chop the bacon and sprinkle half of it into the skillet.
- Add the peas to the skillet too.
- Once the translucent part of the eggs is starts to get white, transfer the skillet to the oven and broil it on high for 1 – 2 minutes until the egg whites are completely white.
- Sprinkle with toasted almond slivers and enjoy!
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 2