- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 – 4 tablespoons coconut oil, add more to the pan as needed
- 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning, McCormicks is a good one
- 1 lemon, leave one half for squeezing and slice the other half into a garnish
- In a large bowl or plate, combine the almond flour, coconut, sea salt, and garlic powder.
- Press the tilapia fillets into the almond meal. Do this a couple times until the fish is well coated.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the fish to the oil and cook for about 3 minutes until golden brown on the bottom side. Before you flip, sprinkle the uncooked side with lemon pepper and squeeze a bit of lemon juice onto the fillet.
- Once you flip, sprinkle the cooked side with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- When you remove from pan, immediately put a lemon garnish on top, allowing the heat to bring the flavors down into the fish.
Serving : Calories 260; Fat 21.2g (Sat 13.5g); Protein 11.7g; Carb 7.7g (net carb 3.6g); Fiber 4.1g; Sodium 255mg
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 384mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 42g
- Cholesterol: 88mg