You’ll love this Vegetarian Tikka Masala! It’s so easy and so DELICIOUS!! It’s whole 30, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and FULL of flavor!!
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 eggplant, cut in cubes
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 15oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced and strained
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- handful cashews, chopped
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- Place the cauliflower and onions in a pan over medium-high heat with a couple tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the veggies start to brown.
- Add the eggplant and red pepper and continue to cook until all the veggies are browned, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- When the veggies are cooking, add the water, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, salt, ginger, garlic, and lime juice to a large sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Once the veggies are browned, add them to the sauce.
- Add the rinsed chickpeas to the pot and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your cauliflower rice. I’ve started to buy frozen cauliflower rice that I can just warm quick in the microwave. If you want to make your own, check the blog post for a link to learn how.
- Plate the cauliflower rice.
- Top it with a big scoop of the tikka masala and sprinkle with some cashews and green onion.