These Sweet Potato Tostadas + Thai Pesto are the perfect snack or appetizer for your next get together! They’re loaded up with flavor and really fun to eat!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, smashed with a fork
- 4 basil leaves (or a couple extra tablespoons of cilantro leaves), chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut your sweet potato into 1/4 inch discs.
- Tossed the sweet potato discs with avocado oil (extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil also works).
- Lay the discs flat on a lined baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, make the pesto.
- Place the cashews, coconut oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, agave nectar, sesame oil, cilantro and scallion in your food processor.
- Process for 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides using a rubber spatula, and process for an additional 5 – 10 seconds.
- When the sweet potatoes are done roasting, spread a little bit of smashed avocado on each disc.
- Then, place a dollop of pesto on top of the avo spread.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves!
- Important note: getting unsalted nuts is key. I was desperate and used roasted and salted nuts and they really made the pesto too salty.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: sweet potato, sweet potato toast, sweet potato toast recipe, sweet potato toast toppings, sweet potato tostadas, vegan tostadas, gluten free tostadas, thai pesto, thai sauce,