Ok, I’m not going to lie. I just recently had Bruschetta and it was SO good. Like, why haven’t I had bruschetta in five years? I think its because it’s usually served with bread or crackers, you know? And I don’t think Bruschetta was mean to be eaten with a spoon…
So I started brainstorming. It seems this week is dedicated to the parties, the cookouts, the bbq’s, the get-togethers and it’s fun to give you some ideas of less traditional options.
Everyone knows there will be hummus and/or guac at the party. But what about these Caprese Kabobs with Prosciutto? Not expected. What about these Strawberry Bruschetta Avocado Boats? No one will see them coming!
You want people in the car debriefing on your bbq saying, “You know what I LOVED?! Those avocados with the strawberries and cheese on top. Did you try those?”
So here’s your wow factor. Here’s your talk about on the car ride home dish. Here’s your “can you send me the recipe?” moment…. drum rollllll…
Let’s make some Strawberry Bruschetta Avocado Boats!! OH and best yet, they have pine nuts on top. Toasted, of course. Can I get a wut wut!!
Easy peasy. Here goes. Wash and pat dry your strawberries. Cut them into fourths or eighths, depending on the size of your strawberries. My strawberries would be appropriate for an NBA star. I, on the other hand, felt like I was in a scene from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Place the cut strawberries in a bowl.
Then, cut the mozzarella balls into fourths and add them to the bowl.
Add the extra virgin olive oil, white balsamic, sea salt, lime juice and chopped mint. I love using white balsamic for this because it looks prettier and the strawberries and cheese retain their color. If you use the brown balsamic, things get a bit muddy.
Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed. If the center hole is big enough, then you’re good to go. If you want to really pack them with the strawberry goodness, scoop a little wider and deeper whole in the center.
Plate the avocados. Then, place a heaping mound of the strawberry mixture into the holes. Top with additional chopped mint and toasted pine nuts and you’re ready to parrrtayy! Serve these with spoons so people can scoop them straight!
- 5 strawberries, washed and cut in 8ths
- 8 small mozzarella balls, cut in fourths
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 4 avocados, halved and seed removed1/8 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place the cut strawberries and mozzarella in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic, salt, lime juice and mint and toss.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds.
- Scoop a deeper and wider center hole if desired.
- Plate the avocados and spoon the strawberry mixture into the center.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and additional chopped mint.
- Serve with a spoon!
Enjoy, my friends!! xo