You’ll love this gluten free + vegan Spaghetti Squash Lo Mein!! It’s just a couple steps to whip together for an easy weeknight meal or meal prep!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash and slice it lengthwise down the center.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the inside of the spaghetti squash with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash flat side down on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Flip the squash so the flat side is facing up and roast again for another 15 minutes until you can easily pierce the inside with a fork.
- While the squash is roasting, whisk together the tamari (soy sauce works too), agave nectar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic powder in a small dish and set aside.
- Add the edamame and chopped bell pepper to a pan with a tablespoon or so of avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the edamame and pepper for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want them to soften but not brown.
- Once the squash is done roasting, use a fork to pull the spaghetti strands away from the shell. You can also transfer the spaghetti strands to a bowl if you wish.
- Whisk the sauce once again and then drizzle it on top of the spaghetti squash.
- Top with the edamame, pepper, cilantro, and sesame seeds.