Make this silky smooth and luscious Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with the most decadent Cream Cheese Whip Cream for Valentine’s Day this year!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate:
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 drops of red food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- optional: 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and festive sprinkles for decorating the tops
Cream Cheese Whip Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the milk (or almond milk), cocoa powder, agave nectar, vanilla, red food coloring, and sea salt in a sauce pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Once warmed and combined, pour into two individual mugs.
- Meanwhile, place the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese into a standing mixer and whip on high for 3 minutes until the cream starts to stiffen.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla to the mixing bowl.
- Whip for another two minutes until the whip cream has stiff peaks.
- To achieve a swirl effect on top of the hot cocoa, transfer the whip cream to a plastic baggie and cut off one corner. Alternatively, you can dollop the whip cream into each mug on top of the hot chocolate.
- Decorate! This is optional, but to make it even morrrre pretty: Place 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder in a metal sifter and shift it over the hot chocolate. Add some festive sprinkles if desired.
Keywords: red velvet, red velvet recipe, red velvet recipes, red velvet hot chocolate, red velvet hot cocoa, cream cheese, cream cheese frosting, cream cheese icing, cream cheese whip cream, whip cream, homemade whip cream, valentine's day dessert, valentine's day drink, valentines day treat, homemade valentine's day, valentines day treat, valentines day recipe, valentines day dessert, valentines day drink