Adorable Peanut Butter Spider Cookies are perfect for Halloween! They’re naturally gluten free and make for a spooky family-friendly treat!
- 12 chocolate peanut butter cups (I use my homemade peanut butter cup recipe but you can definitely use store-bought peanut butter cups to save time!)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 candy eyeballs (12 cookies – 2 eyeballs per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the coconut sugar and eggs until it turns a lighter color and a bit fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix again until combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough into your hands and roll into a smooth ball.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the back of a fork to press down the tops in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the peanut butter cups upside down and press on the tops of the peanut butter cookies.
- Since the cookies are still warm, the cups will melt a bit.
- Once the peanut butter cups look a bit melted, place two eyeballs onto the peanut butter cups.
- Melt the chocolate chips and place them in a small plastic baggie.
- Close the baggie and cut off a small corner.
- Draw 8 legs on each peanut butter cookie coming out from the peanut butter cup and onto the peanut butter cookie.
Place the cookies in the fridge to set the chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 658
- Sugar: 46.9g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 41.8g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 45.9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 17.9g
- Cholesterol: 27mg