Warm up this winter with this easy and flavorful One Pot Healthy Chicken Stew! This recipe will be a new family favorite you can customize + make your own!
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. chicken breast, cubed
- 4 cups potatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 pinch thyme
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1–2 Tbsp. heavy cream or full fat coconut milk, if desired
- Heat the ghee in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add the cubed chicken and cook until browned, about 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- To the pan, add the potatoes, onion, carrots and celery. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the chicken back to the pot along with the tapioca starch, salt, pepper, paprika and thyme and cook for 2 additional minutes before adding the chicken stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes. The liquid should reduce a bit and the mixture should look thicker.
- Add a splash of cream or coconut milk for richness if desired. Serve!