Servings: 16 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour (Kitchen Hack: How to Make Oat Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- flakey salt for sprinkling on top
NOTE: chilling the dough for 1+ hour before baking is KEY to this recipe! Don’t you dare skip the chill! 🙂
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and coconut sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl.
- Mix again until combined.
- Add most of the chocolate chips to the bowl, saving some to add on top of each cookie.
- Fold until the chocolate chips are incorporated into the dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 12 balls of cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Add a few more chocolate chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the edges appear firm but the top is slightly wet (they’ll bake a bit more as they cool on the pan).
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for at least 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 27mg