You’ll love this Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash + Kale Walnut Pesto for a tasty vegan #meatlessmonday meal! It’s low carb, gluten free, and full of flavor.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sprinkle sea salt
- 2 kale leaves, stems removed,
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 leaves basil, chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash and then cut it in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds.
- Brush the inside of the squash with olive oil (or coconut oil, etc.) and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Flip the squash so the flat side is facing the lined pan and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash so it is facing up. Allow to sit, facing up, for 10 minutes.
- While the squash is sitting, combine the kale leaves, walnuts, garlic, basil, and olive oil in a food processor. Process for 10-30 seconds, until chopped and combined. Scrape down the sides and process again for about 10 seconds.
- Use a fork to loosen up the strands of the spaghetti squash.
- Add the pesto to the squash and use the fork to incorporate the pesto into the spaghetti strands.
- Add in the chopped sun dried tomatoes, chickpeas, and artichoke hearts to the center of the squash. Top with some chopped walnuts and basil.
Keywords: spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash recipes, spaghetti squash carbs, spaghetti squash keto, spaghetti squash oven, mediterranean spaghetti, mediterranean spaghetti squash, vegan spaghetti squash recipe, healthy spaghetti squash recipe, spaghetti squash dinner, spaghetti squash dinner recipe