Add this Gluten Free + Paleo Pecan Pie to your Thanksgiving table!! Pecan is my absolute favorite pie! So sweet and decadent with deliciously toasty pecans!
- 1/3 cup ghee (butter or refined coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pecan center:
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup ghee (butter or refined coconut oil)
- 3 eggs
- couple pinches sea salt
- splash vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- additional whole pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the crust: whisk together the ghee (coconut oil or butter works too), 1 egg, almond flour, and sea salt.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- Press the crust into the pie dish.
- Dampen your hands to get the crust smooth and prevent it from sticking to your hands.
- Beat the second egg in a small bowl and brush the inside and edges with the egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, agave nectar, ghee, eggs, sea salt, and vanilla. You can use a handheld whisk or electric mixer depending on your preference and how soft your ghee is.
- Then, fold in the chopped pecans. I found the more chopped the pecans are, the better they hold together once you cut into the pie.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the center of the crust when it’s done baking.
- Bake for another 30 – 35 minutes until the center no longer jiggles.
- Allow to cool before cutting into it.
Serving (1 slice): Calories 356; Fat 23.8g (Sat 11g); Protein 4.3g; Carb 33.7g (net carb 32.8g); Fiber 0.9g; Sodium 258mg