This copycat recipe for Fudgey Cosmic Brownies is rich and chewy just like your favorite store-bought childhood treat!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- colorful candy coated chocolate candies (about 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Once combined, add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and transfer the brownie batter to the pan. Spread it out in an even layer.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the center is set and doesn’t jiggle when you give the pan a shake.
- Allow the brownies to cool before you make the chocolate ganache frosting.
- Whisk together the melted chocolate, cream, and butter until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate out on top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the top with the colorful candies.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until the frosting is set.
- Pull the edges of the parchment paper up to remove the brownies from the pan.
- Use a plastic knife (cleaner lines) to cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 11.5g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keywords: cosmic brownies, gluten free cosmic brownies, fudgey cosmic brownies, fudgy cosmic brownies