The best low carb + gluten free banana bread! Who doesn’t love a slice of this traditional treat drizzled with some extra nut butter?!
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds (optional but fun)
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (any type of chips work! I used minis once and it was AMAZING!)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, almond butter, and agave. If needed, microwave the almond butter for 15-30 seconds to loosen it up so everything can be mixed together properly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, unsweetened coconut shreds, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Then, fold the chocolate chunks into the batter, reserving some for the top.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, tucking the paper around the sides to keep it in place.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Press the remaining chunks into the top.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 30-35 or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and pull on the edges of the parchment paper to remove it from the pan.
- Place the banana bread (and parchment paper) on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
- sub in honey or maple syrup for agave to make paleo!
- Per serving: Calories 366; Fat 26.6g (Sat 8.8g); Protein 9.8g; Carb 31.6g (net carbs 25.7g); Fiber 5.9g; Sodium 197mg
- Serving Size: 10