Chocolate Heart Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Ok, my loves, last Valentine’s recipe before I gear up for some spring fling fun. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make a easy and fun dessert that’s the perfect amount of chocolatey bliss.
PLUS, how fun is this? I’m rounding up some of my favorite Valentine’s day recipes from some blogger babes that I love!! So make sure to eyeball all the goodness below!
But first, let’s make some chocolate heart cookies! You guys, these are so moist and chewy but thin and delicate, I really really love how they turned out. And it turns out I’m super into cookie cutters, so it’s one of those fun-for the whole family kinda treats.
In your bowl, mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and sea salt. Add the ghee, egg, and vanilla. Fold until combined.
Place the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper or cling wrap and roll it until 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut 12 hearts and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Perfect Valentine’s Day treat for the whole family! They’re low carb, gluten free, and paleo! These chocolate heart cookies are your new favorite dessert!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons ghee (or room temperature butter)
- 1 egg
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In your bowl, mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and sea salt.
- Add the ghee, egg, and vanilla.
- Fold until combined.
- Place the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper or cling wrap and roll it until 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut 12 hearts and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Transfer the white chocolate into piping bag and outline the cookies.
- Add sprinkles on top of the melted chocolate (optional).
- Chill for 5 minutes to allow the white chocolate to set.
Store in the fridge and enjoy!! xo
If you’re itching for more Valentine’s Day fun, check out these recipes!!
Chocolate Ganache Tarts by The Nutritious Princess
So what’s on your must-make list for Valentine’s Day? Enjoy!! xo