You guys will LOVE this easy weeknight dinner recipe! The creamy cheese is such a nice contrast to the spicy jalapeño! Low carb + gluten free breading!
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, wisked
- 4 oz. cream cheese, warmed in the microwave until soft
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, combine the almond meal with the coconut oil.
- Cook, stirring often, until the almond meal is fragrant.
- Place the almond meal in a shallow dish and add the taco seasoning. Mix everything together.
- In second shallow bowl, lightly beat an egg.
- In third bowl, combine the warmed cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeño.
- Place the cream cheese mixture on half of each chicken breast.
- Fold the chicken over so the cream cheese is in the center.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, and then coat with the almond meal. Make sure to coat the chicken completely.
- Place the chicken on a lined baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix up the avocado, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- When the chicken is done baking, top with the avocado salsa and enjoy!
per serving: Calories 1,268; Fat 70.5g (Sat 23.5g); Protein 143.4g; Carb 11.0g (net carbs 4.7g); Fiber 6.3g; Sodium 589mg
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 544
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 315mg
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 166mg