Delicious Caramelized Onion + Pepper Muffins which are an amazing addition to any bread basket! Spread some hummus on them or dip in oil and balsamic!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup ground flax seed meal
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sauté the chopped onion and peppers in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes until the onions are nice and caramelized and browned.
- When the peppers and onion are done, turn off the heat and add the tomatoes to the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, water, and olive oil.
- Add the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Fold in the peppers and onions until well combined.
- Divide the batter into lined muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 27 – 30 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
- Serve with hummus, olive oil and balsamic, avocado, an egg, the savory possibilities are endless!
Per muffin: Calories 195; Fat 16.1g (Sat 2.2g); Protein 6.5g; Carb 9.7g (net carb 6.4g); Fiber 3.3g; Sodium 192mg
Keywords: almond flour muffins, almond flour muffin recipe, almond flour muffins paleo, savory muffins, savory muffin recipes, savory muffin ideas, savory muffins gluten free, savory muffins dairy free, red pepper muffins recipe, bell pepper muffins, pepper and onion muffins, gluten free savory muffins, gluten free savory muffins recipe, gluten free savory muffins almond meal, paleo savory muffins, paleo breakfast savory muffins, paleo savory muffins recipe, easy paleo savory muffins, healthy paleo savory muffins,