When the warm weather hits, I’m all about making chilly no bake desserts that are both delicious and refreshing. Plus, these are super pretty. You’re like, really pretty.
These babies are vegan but you know you can just as well throw some cream cheese in there and make them dairy, and thus non-vegan. Though perhaps that’ll lead to way too many questions and I should just do a separate dairy, non-vegan post with a similar but different version. Hmm… decisions decisions.
We’ll cross that bridge in a week or two. For now, I’m all about these refreshing blueberry beauts that are about to rock your world.
Pretty purple blue color that makes everyone smile? Check! Wait wait wait, I should totally jump on the whole unicorn trend and call these magical blue unicorn bars or something of the sort. They are magical, after all 🙂
I posted a video of this recipe on my Instagram, you know one of those awesome under 1 minute hand videos, so go check it out!
You may notice some differences like 1) the video shows STRAWBERRIES while this recipe called for blueberries. Weird. This is part of the whole magical unicorn-ness of this recipe because you can sub in any frozen fruit you wish! Like I said, magic 🙂
2) they’re shaped differently. True, one is cut into bars and one is in adorable pie tins. So observant! You can do whatever shape you’re into. I wanted to switch it up and show the versatility. If you want more ideas, let me help you: one big pie, mini muffin tins, tart tin, for starters. Get creative, have fun!
So let’s get this partaaayy started!!
First, in your food processor combine the pecans and almond flour. Process until all chopped up and mealy. Add the agave nectar and process again until it sticks together when you press it with your fingers.
Press the nut crust into the bottom of your pan. I lined my bread pan with a wide strip of parchment paper and pressed it into the bottom.
I didn’t bother cleaning out my food processor, but you’re welcome to rinse it if you like.
Add the cashews, berries, almond milk, vanilla, agave nectar, and lime juice. Process until nice and creamy and combined. The cashews and this cheesecake mixture is creamiest when you soak the cashews the night before. Although, I’ve made this without soaking that cashews and it turns out just fine!
Process until the cheesecake mixture is completely creamy and beautiful looking.
Pour the purpley-blue goodness into your pan on top of the nutty crust. Top with additional berries and place in the freezer on a flat surface.
Freeze for 3+ hours. Remove from the freezer and pull the parchment paper to help remove it from the pan. Place on a cutting board and cut into bars! Store in the fridge 🙂
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 lime, juiced
- In your food processor combine the pecans and almond flour.
- Process until all chopped up and mealy.
- Add the agave nectar and process again until it sticks together when you press it with your fingers.
- Line a bread pan with a strip of parchment paper.
- Press the nut crust into the bottom of your pan.
- In the same food processor, add the cashews, berries, almond milk, vanilla, agave nectar, and lime juice.
- Process until creamy and combined and beautiful.
- Pour the purpley-blue goodness into your pan on top of the nutty crust.
- Top with additional berries and place in the freezer on a flat surface.
- Freeze for 3+ hours.
- Remove from the freezer and pull the parchment paper to help remove it from the pan.
- Place on a cutting board and cut into bars!
- Store in the fridge 🙂