Who else is on the turmeric train 🙋🏼🙋🏼 For what seems like YEARS turmeric has been all the rage. It’s basically magic, which I’ll talk more about below.
I’ve decided this year I’m going to make more of an effort to incorporate superfood ingredients that I’ve heard such amazing things about. Two of these superfood wonders are turmeric and maca powder.
So let’s talk BENEFITS!! Turmeric is a really awesome ingredient for an anti-inflammatory diet. It has a mustard-y, earthy flavor and stains like hell (so wipe it up immediately if it gets on anything!!). In addition to reducing inflammation in the body, it’s also been reported to reduce heart disease, improve brain function, aid in the absorption of antioxidants, aaaand improve mood. Hey, sign me up for alll da above.
You can also apply it on your skin to reduce wellness and give you a nice glow factor. Check out my YouTube video for four fun ways to incorporate turmeric into your everyday routine!
I’m doubling these bliss balls up with superfoods because I want to make them my PERFECT go-to snack in the new year. In addition to turmeric, I’m adding maca powder. It’s high in antioxidants and nutrients and really awesome at balancing hormones. Adaptogens like maca are getting loads of attention, and rightfully so. Maca helps your body adapt to daily stressors.
Listen, if turmeric or maca does even ONE of these things I mentioned, then I’m a a happy camper.
I LOVE the flavor of these bliss balls. While they are sweet, they have a more savory taste from the turmeric, the maca gives it a bit of a caramel flavor and the puffed quinoa crunch is ON POINT.
So let’s make some Turmeric Maca Bliss Balls!!
First, chop up your cashews in the food processor. Once they’re ground up and mealy, add the agave nectar, maca powder, turmeric, and pink sea salt. Process for about 10 seconds, use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides, and process again for another 5 seconds until it balls up.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup agave nectar (honey or maple syrup works)
- ½ teaspoon maca powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup puffed quinoa
- First, chop up your cashews in the food processor.
- Once they're ground up and mealy, add the agave nectar, maca powder, pink sea salt, and turmeric.
- Process for about 10 seconds, use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides, and process again for another 5 seconds until it balls up.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the puffed quinoa.
- Fold it together until the puffed quinoa is evenly distributed throughout.
- Roll into balls.
- Sprinkle with additional puffed quinoa on top (optional).
- Stores in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
Some of the links above are affiliate links which means if you purchase on of products from the links, I’ll receive a small portion of the sale. I only recommend products I LOVE. Thanks so much for supporting The Toasted Pine Nut!! xo