Ok ok ok I know tofu isn’t a traditional taco filling but hear me out. I don’t eat too much tofu, but when I do, this is one of my absolute favorite ways. I’ve been making this recipe for what seems like years.
I love how the spicy tofu crumbles compliment the creamy goat cheese. You guys will love this fun new taco recipe! So here’s what you want to do to make Spicy Vegetarian Tofu Tacos:
Sauté the bell pepper strips in olive oil over medium high heat. Continue to cook until reduced and softened. Transfer the peppers to a bowl and set aside.
Add crumbled tofu to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until it’s warmed through and browns up a bit, about 4 minutes. Add an additional tablespoon of oil if needed.
Add the chili powder, cumin, and sea salt and mix until the tofu is completely coated with the spices.
On each tortilla, scoop tofu mixture. Top with the peppers, onion, goat cheese and serve with salsa and avocado if desired!
Want to save this for later? Here’s a Pinterest-friendly image for you!Print
Love these tasty low carb and gluten free Spicy Vegetarian Tofu Tacos! It’s a quick and easy recipe for your weeknight dinners!
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14 oz. tofu (extra firm, drained and excess water squeezed out using tea towel or cheese cloth)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 low carb/gluten free tortillas
- handful cilantro
- salsa and guacamole (optional for serving)
- Sauté the bell pepper strips in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Continue to cook until reduced and softened.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl.
- Add crumbled tofu to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until things brown up, about 4 minutes.
- Add an additional tablespoon of oil if needed.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and sea salt.
- On each tortilla, scoop tofu mixture.
- Top with the peppers, onion, goat cheese.
- Serve with salsa and avocado if desired!
I didn’t include the wraps in the above ingredients section because it didn’t take into account low carb tortillas and totally threw off the carb count. Make sure to add in your low carb tortilla wrap carbs! This recipe calls for 4 – 6 tortillas.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 20mg