One of my absolute favorite things about summer is drinking fun, cold bevies. Cold brew is obviously my go-to but another fun treat that I obsess over every summer is Arnold Palmers. Back in the day I used to do those sweeter than sweet AP’s loaded with allll the sugar.
I distinctively remember one summer when I was about 12 years old, trying to master the art of boardwalk lemonade. You guys, the amount of sugar I put in that drink to get it to the level of boardwalk appropriate is shocking. But I was young and #yolo, right?
Welp, time’s a changin, y’all. I’ve come to love tart drinks, like lemon water, but you can always add some sweetness to take the edge off. Jaryd added some agave and I did for my second glass. You can’t go wrong with either the tart or sweet variety.
I love making batches and batches of this to have in your fridge. It’s a fun afternoon treat or something to offer guests that’s guaranteed to bring a smile to their face.
Here’s how you make Skinny Arnold Palmer:
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. When it’s done boiling, remove the pot from the heat and add your tea bags.
Allow to steep in the water for about 10 minutes. I have no clue if this is right, tea connoisseurs, please enlighten me!! I like to make it super strong since I’m adding additional flavors like lemon and strawberry. I want to make sure the tea still shines through 🙂
Remove the bags and add the tea to the pitcher.
Squeeze the juice from a lemon and strain it into the pitcher as well.
Slice the strawberries and second lemon. Add them to the pitcher with the mint.
Place the pitcher in fridge for about three hours, or until chilled.
I always offer it unsweetened and people can add their own sweetness. If you absolutely know everyone will want sweetened, just stir the agave in with the rest of the ingredients and chill.
Stir everything up and pour!
- 4 cups water
- 4 tea bags (use your favorite!)
- 2 lemons, one for juicing, one for slicing
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 5 mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (optional)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- When it's done boiling, remove the pot from the heat and add your tea bags.
- Allow the tea bags to steep in the water for about 10 minutes. Since I'm adding additional flavors like lemon and strawberry, I like to make sure the tea is strong enough so it still shines through 🙂
- Remove the bags and add the tea to the pitcher.
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon and strain it into the pitcher as well.
- Slice the strawberries and remaining lemon.
- Add them to the pitcher with the mint.
- Place the pitcher in fridge for about three hours, or until chilled.
- I always leave it unsweetened so I can offer both sweetened and unsweetened versions to friends.
- If you want it sweetened, just stir the agave in with the rest of the ingredients and chill.
- Stir everything up and pour!
Happy sipping!! xo