So I tried meditating. Hear me out hear me out. I’m reading this really funny and awesome book called You Are a Badass. I’ve seen it around here and there and was always intrigued by it. When I saw it was on the New York Times best seller list, I was sold. Whenever someone questions your reading choices a quick way to shut them down is to tell them it’s New York Times best seller. So I saw it on the list and it arrived at my house a few days later. Magically.
Thanks, Amazon 😉
Anyway, I’m enjoying the read and at some point during the book she mentioned that meditating is an important thing. She said to start at five minutes (I started at 3) and to just sit and focus on your breath and if your mind wanders, just recenter it on your breath.
That’s probably the bare bones beginner version, but that’s what I did and I liked it for one giant reason. The SILENCE. For me, silence is hard to come by. When I have a moment to myself, or am driving alone in my car, I do so in silence. Weird, maybe. I just need the quiet. I crave the quiet because 99.5% of my day is having people talk loudly, yelling really. Just constantly yelling about needing more milk, even though I’m sitting right there. A whisper would suffice, kthx.
So taking a moment to “meditate” aka giving myself permission to sit alone and actively NOT think about anything but my breath is very much welcomed. I can’t imagine doing it for more than a few minutes, but I’ll admit it was mildly enjoyable.
But back to the point on hand. Y’all are going to thaaaaank me for this one!! I’ve been playing around with waffle recipes, probably since I’ve started this blog. I made this yummy coffee bean deliciousness a while back and have still be on the quest for the best of the best light and fluffy happy waffle of my dreams. You know? For some reason my waffles have been crazy dense and all I really want is a fluffy waffle. Is that too much to ask?
Well well well, my friends. persistence pays off because BECAUSE our prayers have been answered. Let’s make The Perfect Vanilla Waffle, ready go:
Mix everything together and if you haven’t already, heat your waffle iron.
I think the key to any good waffle is sufficiently greasing the waffle iron once it’s warmed. I get anxiety when it comes time to opening up the finished waffle because most of my waffle experiences involve the waffle peeling back with it’s respective side. Then I end up forking through the crevasses and then I’m a ball of tears on the kitchen floor. All I wanted was a waffle bahhhh.
Just kidding. Maybe I need a new waffle iron. But I have avoided waffles for some time because their in tact yield is far too low. I’ve tried coconut oil, but the only thing that works for me for greasing the iron is butter. So you do whatever works for you, I’m using butter to grease.
Anyway, scoop 1/4 – 1/2 cup onto the greased waffle iron and cook until that little waffle iron light turns off.
I love to top my waffles with some almond butter and fresh berries, but you do you!!Print
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- couple pinches sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs, liquid coconut oil, agave nectar, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Mix everything together and if you haven’t already, heat your waffle iron.
- Grease the waffle iron with whatever works for you – I use a little silicone brush to grease it with butter. Sprays may also be a good option.
- Scoop 1/4 – 1/2 cup onto the greased waffle iron and cook until that little waffle iron light turns off.
- Top with some almond butter and fresh berries, or whatever you wish!!
- Per waffle: Calories 306; Fat 23.9g (Sat 5.3g); Protein 10.9g; Carb 16.7g (net carbs 12.7g); Fiber 4.0g; Sodium 116mg
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase a product I linked to, I’ll get a small portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting thetoastedpinenut.com!! xo