Let’s be real. I’ve never had a pumpkin spice latte. I’ve never had the craving. The inclination. The salivating tastebuds silently screaming sppiiiiice. Pumpkiiiin spiiiiiice. It just hasn’t happened.
I’ve never gone to a coffee shop, saw a PSL on the specials board and said. Yep, that’s for me.
So why oh why did I make my own version? Well, I had to see what the fuss is about! GUYS! I get it. I totally get it. I took my first sip and pause. wait. What? Why is this so good?
Something about making my own version, a simple, real ingredient, less sugar infused version was really appealing to me. So, I went about my bizznaz. My first PSL bombed and I dumped it even though it had amazing espresso in it and I whimpered a bit as it went down the drain.
My second batch was heaven on earth. I savored every sip. I needed to share with you all.
Even if you are so OVER the whole PSL craze, I highly suggest you try this version for one last hoorah before you put it completely to bed.
- 1 can (15 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
- couple pinches of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- double shot of espresso
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (optional)
- sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Place the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, sea salt, agave nectar and espresso in a blender.
- Blender until completely combined and divide into individual cups.
- Optional: steam the almond milk until it's nice and foamy. Pour the foam on top over each latte.
- Add a quick sprinkle of cinnamon on top of each foamy cup and enjoy!!
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!