Today I went outside with my little guy to blow bubbles. He has this thing where he wants to hold the wand AND the bubble bottle, try to dip, try to wave it, try to make bubbles. He’s learning new things and realizing his own sense of independence so I totally understand why he so willfully wants to do it himself. I try my best to…
stabilize the bottle because 100% of the time he dumps it out. Well, today I was holding the bottle and he was trying to pull it to hold it himself. He’s strong, man. Well he manages to pull it from by grip at such a force that it poured all over his head. It was the saddest/funniest moment, I can’t even. Anyway, second sink bath of the day ensued.
This was probably the messiest, dirtiest day of parenting yet. And the bubble incident was just the icing on the clawed at, no time for forks, smear it everywhere cake 🙂
This hummus veggie wrap is such a fresh and delicious meal. I made it for lunch, but it would really be great for any meal. I say even pack it for lunch! Using collard greens as wraps has been kinda my jam lately. This veggie wrap with spicy aioli comes to mind. They’re a fun change of pace from your standard low carb wrap and they give it a whole new flavor and crunch! Plus I love love the idea of an all-veggie combo. I feel so healthy about myself!
Here’s what you do:
Cut the stem off the bottom of the collard green. Spread the hummus across the leaf. I used a heaping amount of store bought hummus, but I also HIGHLY recommend this hummus recipe from my first ever blog post (see how far I’ve come!!).
Pile with your veggies. I spiralized my veggies just because I find it to be so much easier and quicker than cutting them!
Fold and tuck each side of the leaf, holding securely with your fingers as you move to each side. Secure with toothpicks.
Cut in half and serve!
- 4 collard green leaves, stems cut off
- 8-10 oz hummus
- 1 large carrot, cut or spiralized
- 1/2 cucumber, cut or spiralized
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 oz bean sprouts
- Cut the stem off the bottom of the collard green. Spread a heaping amount of hummus across the leaf.
- Pile with your veggies. I put 1/2 an avocado on each wrap.
- I spiralized my veggies just because I find it to be so much easier and quicker than cutting them!
- Fold and tuck each side of the leaf, holding securely with your fingers as you move to each side. Secure ends with toothpicks.
- Cut in half and serve!
Hope you love this recipe!! xo