Holy smokes this caramel changed muh lifeee. Here’s my deal. I really like caramel. When I was young, one of my favorite after school snacks was cut up apples and those little single serve caramel.
Now that autumn is next month, I really wanted to get you guys a caramel recipe for um, I don’t know, dipping apples, pies, apple pies, I don’t know. I just know you guys needed it as much as me. Once you make this, you won’t BELIEVE how easy it is!!
No candy thermometer needed. No fancy stuff needed. Just good old fashion pot and stove. and FOUR ingredients!!
Watch this video below to get an idea how to make it. Basically, you pot the coconut cream and coconut sugar in a pot. Coconut cream should be near the coconut milk in the grocery store. Make sure it’s unsweetened and that it’s coconut cream and not milk 🙂
I can’t wait to see what you use this for!! I made these homemade candy turtles that uses a spicy version of this caramel and let me tell you, it’s seriously AMAZE.
- 1 can (15 oz) unsweetened coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the coconut cream and coconut sugar in a pot.
- Bring it to a rolling boil for a good 15 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Once it's a good thick consistency, turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Eat it warm if you wish, or thicken it up by placing it in the fridge.
Want to save this for later? I made you this fun Pinterest-friendly image 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks so much for your support!! xo