It’s 6 something in the morning and I’m waiting on my coffee. Apologies for the words that come out of my mouth before I’m caffeinated. People ask me when I blog, or when I find time for this blogging thing.
Well, it’s because I wake up at the butt crack of dawn, get my workout in, drink my coffee, and write a post.
Allll before our sleeping beauties open their little eyes and turn into gremlins. Are they adorable, perfect, little snuggle bunnies or are they small, destructive, evil monsters? Never can tell.
Ok. Coffee brewed and coffee sipped. I don’t know how people do it without coffee. Super humans, I guess.
This morning I cheated on Jillian Michaels with a YouTube guy. He was kind of a bro but I enjoyed the change of pace. Ahh, don’t judge me. I feel like I’ve hit a wall with this 30 day shred workout so I wanted to switch it up.
I’ll probably alternate between Jillian and different workouts I find on YouTube, just to keep it fresh and continue to challenge my body in different ways and switch it up when I’m feeling it.
I’ve been on a junk food binge. Ah Reese’s why you be so good?! For some reason lately, on the weekends Jaryd and I have been looking at each other and brainstorming the most fantastic desserts… and then making them… and then eating them. It’s all fun and games until all the cookies are gone within 24 hours.
I’m really into this pecan crust. I’ve made it for blueberry a really fun blueberry crumble and it’s pretty perfect. Layer this crust with some chocolate ganache and peanut butter whip cream. Come onnn… tell me you’re not drooling.
My goal was to have a total fridge cake that was no bake, just combine and go. You caaan do this all no bake, it’s no big deal. Personally, I really love the toasty pecan crust.
This Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is going to be your NEW FAVORITE dessert! Super simple nutty, gluten free crust, silky smooth rich chocolate ganache middle, and a fluffy peanut butter whipped topping. How can you go wrong?!
- Pecan Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Chocolate Ganache Middle:
- 4 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 1 1/4 cups 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 1 can (13 oz.) coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Whip Cream Topping:
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the food processor, combine the pecans, coconut oil, and sweetener. Pulse until combined, but still chunky and not too smooth.
- Place pecan mixture in your pie dish, spreading it across the bottom and up the sides if desired.
- Place it in the oven for about 16 minutes
- Next, make chocolate filling.
- Place your butter (or ghee for dairy free) in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the coconut cream, agave nectar, and vanilla.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently for everything to be evenly combined.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the bowl with the butter and chips.
- Allow the contents to sit in the bowl for a few minutes and then whisk it until completely silky smooth and combined.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the crust and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours. In my experience allowing it to sit overnight really enables it to firm up and elevate it magic 🙂
- Before you’re ready to serve, make the peanut butter whip cream.
- Make the whip cream by placing the heavy cream in an electric mixer.
- Whip on high for 1 minute.
- Add the peanut butter and agave nectar and continue to whip until firm. Set aside.
- Pour the whipped topping on top of the chocolate layer and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Let me know how you like it!! Enjoy! xo