I knew when I made these zucchini squares that I didn’t quite get all the zucchini baked goods out of my system. I knew there was a decadent chocolatey version that HAD to happen.
Well I love these double chocolate zucchini muffins for two main reasons: 1) they are double chocolate, duh; 2) they have zucchini in them so you don’t feel super guilty eating them any time of day.
And if you think these can’t get any better, my kids gobbled these up like nobody’s business.
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- ⅓ cup natural almond butter
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup salted grass-fed butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- two pinches sea salt
- ½ cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean, thin dish towel.
- Keep it in the towel and place it in a strainer in the sink.
- In your bowl, whisk together the almond butter, agave nectar, eggs, and butter.
- Add the cocoa, almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Squeeze any excess liquid from the zucchini and place the shredded zucchini into the bowl. Fold everything together.
- Line the muffin tins with papers and fill each tin almost all the way.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let stand in the tins for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.