I love it when I can categorize things both breakfast and dessert. Double chocolate, thick, moist, decadent dessert? Yep! Still a hearty bread that you can get away with having alongside your morning coffee? Yep! I’m sitting here now, forking deliciously chocolate bites into my mouth and it is perfection you guys! Omg, you’ll love it 🙂
I’ve always loved traditional banana bread. Banana chocolate chip muffins are a staple for me. But you know me, any chance to add extra chocolate, I go for it. Like reeeally go for it, you know?Any chance to add extra chocolate, I go for it. Like reeeally go for it, you know? Click To Tweet
So I made this Double Chocolate Banana Bread and I know you’ll love it. Maybe too much, but that’s ok!! Beeecause it’s super nutty, sugar free, and deelicious 🙂
So let’s make some Double Chocolate Banana Bread:
In a medium bowl, combine Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa. Mix it up until it’s combined.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
Then, whisk the eggs, almond butter, and coconut sugar to the mashed bananas.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until it’s combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some for the top (always).
Line a bread pan with parchment paper. This is probably my favorite trick ever because you can just lift the bread out of the pan and don’t have to deal with gingerly turning it upside down on a plate and banging on the bottom like five times before it breaks apart in five pieces. Just me?
It works best if you fold and tuck the parchment paper around the edges, really molding it to the pan.
Pour the batter into the lined bread pan, using a spatula to distribute it evenly.
I drizzled some extra almond butter on top (optional) and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
Bake for 40-45 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.Print
The best double chocolate banana bread recipe you’ll ever need! Made with almond flour, it’s gluten free, dairy free, and paleo! Grab the milk and enjoy the chocolatey goodness!!
- 2 bananas + 1/2 for topping
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Then, whisk in the eggs, almond butter, and coconut sugar.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and whisk until it’s combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, saving some for the top (always).
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, folding and tucking the parchment paper around the edges.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan.
- Drizzle some additional almond butter on top (optional) and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Slice another half of a banana and lay the slices on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.
- Serving Size: 8
Thank you to Bob’s Red Mill for making the most amazing products and sponsoring this post!