Ok, I’m one of those people that signs up for subscription services and enjoy it for a few months and then so desperately want it to stop but it’s impossible to make it stop. Jaryd hates this little habit of mine. BUT! The fun part is, you get happy mail, and you never know what it will be. And when it’s fun it fun.
In one of said boxes I got a small snack back of coconut chips. Sayy whaaa?? If you’re ever in the food store and see some toasty flavored coconut chips, definitely, without hesitation buy a bag. I’ve seen different brands in Whole Foods and they have a bunch of fun flavors.
Well, I can’t always run out to the store, so I tried my own version. I’m obsessed!!
One issue I have with life in general is snacking. I have a hard time choosing healthy snacks and always crave something sweet and end up with regrets. You know what I’m talking about.
These Cinnamon Coconut Chips are a perfect little pick me up! You can eat them by the handful, or throw them on top of ice cream, a smoothie, or this tasty delicious bark! They have that yummy sweet and salty thing and you just. can’t. stop. As I was taking pictures, I would literally grab my little pinchers down for some every couple shots. So good, you guys!
This comes together maybe a litttttle too easy. Here’s how you make some yummy Cinnamon Coconut Chips!!
The first key is buying the right coconut chips. I always buy unsweetened coconut chips. I find them in most grocery stories, or you can also find them on amazon here.
Place the coconut chips in a bowl. Drizzle the water over the coconut flakes and then toss with your hands to make them all damp(ish).
Put the cinnamon, coconut sugar, and sea salt in the bowl and mix it all together. Then, spread them evenly across the lined baking pan.
Cooking is probably the most difficult part. My first batch of these, I over-toasted them. No good. No good at all!! Here’s what I did: 5 minutes, toss with a spatula, 5 minutes, toss with a spatula, 2 minutes, toss, 2 minutes toss. I kept my eyeballs on those puppies like whoa. I wanted that perfect crisp, crunchy, toasty, golden brown love.
Remove them from the oven but allow to cool on the baking pan. Once cool, transfer to a container or bowl for serving. These are best served at room temperature!Print
These sweet Cinnamon Coconut Chips are the perfect snack or topping for your smoothie or ice cream! They refined sugar free, vegan, paleo, and gluten free!
- 3 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips (7 oz)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place the coconut chips in a bowl.
- Drizzle the water over the coconut flakes and then toss with your hands to make them all damp(ish).
- Add the cinnamon, coconut sugar, and sea salt in the bowl and mix it all together.
- Spread them evenly across the lined baking pan.
- Cooking is probably the most difficult part. After 5 minutes in the oven, toss the coconut chips with a spatula
- Toss again after another 5 minutes, and again every two minutes until they are crisp, crunchy, toasty, golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and allow to cool on the baking pan. If they are already pretty toasty, consider letting them cool on a plate.
- Once cool, transfer to a container or bowl for serving. These are best served at room temperature!
- Add these to your ice cream, yogurt, chocolate bark, smoothie, the possibilities are endless!!
- Serving Size: 7