We like peanut butter in this house. At the end of the night when we want a little treat, we grab a spoonful of peanut butter sprinkled with cacao nibs. I thought it would be fun to switch it up. I went through the different nuts in my head and cashews seemed like the only feasible option.
Almond butter is pretty common nowadays. Walnut butter wasn’t doing it for me, though I may revisit this. We’d go broke trying to perfect a pine nut butter recipe. So, I set my eyes on cashew butter. Cashew butter is perfection. I mean, creamy, yummy goodness.
Now, cashew butter with cinnamon is where it’s at people. This did not last long over here. Like, we ate half before dinner and the rest after. No self control apparently. Mahhh, don’t look at me with those eyes. Yes, we ate it all. Get over it. We used spoons, per usual, but you could also use other vehicles to insert this delicacy into your mouth. Think celery sticks, carrots, uhhhh spoons. Ok, I drew a blank.
I think I could have a lot of fun in the future with nut butters. I mean… something low carb nutella-ish? Maybe seed butters? What would you want to see? Let me know in the comments below!
Sorry for the lack of visual instructions on this one. I think the recipe card says it all.
Place all the ingredients in the food processor.
Process until things are combined and ball up. Use your spatula to chop things up and scrape down the sides. Process again until it’s the desired consistency. I like mine kind of chunkier, but you can add a tablespoon of water and process until you reach your desired consistency.
- 2 cups unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon agave, or favorite sweetener
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until mixture balls up.
- Scrape down the sides, chop up the ball with a spatula, and process again.
- For a creamier consistency, add 1 tablespoon water and process again. Continue this process until you reach desired consistency.
- Serving size is about 2 tablespoons.
- Because the coconut oil with harden, store at room temperature.
Want to save this for later? Pin this image!!