Yesterday I was sitting in the kitchen and wanted something that was light and delicious and still filling. You’ll have to excuse my lack of pictures on this one because this recipe was super impromptu 😉
So, I’m keeping today’s post simple and to the point 🙂 But first a quick tangent… ha!
I’m constantly working to make my blog better and more enjoyable, so if you have any ideas or recommendations, please feel free to email me! I’ve gotten such a great response from my newsletter upgrades (sign up if you haven’t yet!!), so I’m excited to keep the good things coming! I have a surprise update coming to the site, but I’ve already said too much.
I’m also starting to incorporate more lifestyle, beauty, and fitness posts, so I hope you like them!! In my experience people love the change of pace and reading about the random and fun things that cross my path each day. The yummy recipes will obviously be the staple, I’m just adding MORE content for you babes to read!
Ok ok ok, now back to this beauty of a dish you ALL want to know about. I kept the zucchini raw because the summer heat has me wanting to keep the oven off! Plus I really love the hearty crunch and chewing that happens with raw zucchini. Obviously, this isn’t everyone’s cup of twice-heated up coffee, so feel free to sauté them in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil until they’re at their desired cooked-ness. Honestly, I’d like it either way!!
So without further adieu, let’s make this Chopped Zucchini Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing!!
I had a very large zucchini, so if yours is smaller, you may want to use two.
Cut the zucchini (cucumber would also be an amazing substitute) into 1/4″ circles, and then cut the circles into fourths.
Place in a large bowl along with the dried cranberries and pepitas.
In a jar with a lid, add your yogurt. I used a 0% yogurt, but if you can find a whole milk yogurt, I definitely recommend it! Add the white wine vinegar, chopped dill, and agave to the jar and shake it up!
Drizzle the dressing over the zucchini and toss. Top with extra dried cranberries and pepitas, if desired!
- 1 large (extra large) zucchini
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 5 ounces (approx 150g) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- I had a very large zucchini, so if you're is smaller, you may want to use two.
- Cut the zucchini (cucumber would also be an amazing substitute) into 1/4" circles, and then cut the circles into fourths.
- Place in a large bowl along with the dried cranberries and pepitas.
- In a jar with a lid, add your yogurt. I used a 0% plain yogurt, but if you can find a whole milk yogurt, I definitely recommend it!
- Add the white wine vinegar, chopped dill, and agave to the jar and shake it up!
- Drizzle the dressing over the zucchini mixture and toss.
- Top with extra dried cranberries and pepitas, if desired!
- Per serving: Calories 147; Fat 3.7g (Sat 0.7g); Protein 3.7g; Carb 27.8g (net carbs 25.1g); Fiber 2.7g; Sodium 44mg