I’m super uber lethargic today. I perked up a bit once I had my afternoon latte and went live on Instagram. Buut, as soon as I came down off that caffeine high, I started getting achy and tired and sore. Man, I’m so whiny.
I might be getting sick. There’s something going around this little house thats making other members of my family similarly whiny. I won’t name names. But, today at my workout class we did a 20 second “three point stance” where you’re supposed to run as fast as you can (in place) and I felt like I was moving in slow motion.
Like I was wearing cement sneakers.
Anywho, I’ve been snacking like crazy. I mentioned it a bit in my last post, but I’ve been craving all the salty, crunchy, chewy, sweet, savory… ok everything. I’m just on a snack kick and it’s all I think about. Snacking, what’s my next snack, what do we have in to snack on?
I was doing an Instagram live last week and someone asked me to make an energy ball recipe and put it on the blog. I thought to myself, “that’s easy enough” and made some almost immediately after.
These little energy balls are the perfect snack to breathe life into your afternoon. I love prepping some on Sunday for the week ahead and just storing them in my stasher bags in the fridge.
A lot of energy balls taste like dates or are overly dry from protein powders. I rely on nuts for healthy fats and protein, plus along with the seeds, they make for a great texture.
Well, let’s get into it because let’s face it. You came here for the goods.
Roll into balls and then store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them!
- ½ cup natural almond butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup pecans (almonds or hazelnuts work too)
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Add the almond butter, agave nectar, chia seeds, hemp hearts, almond flour to your food processor.
- Process for about 30 seconds until it's combined.
- Add the nuts and mini chips. process again for about 10 seconds until combined and the nuts are chopped to your desired consistency.
- Roll into balls and then store in the fridge until you're ready to eat them!
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below!!
Post contains affiliate links. Thank you so much for your support!! xo