Do you ever walk down an aisle in the grocery store, something catches your eye, you pluck it off the shelves and that’s it. End of story, something new enters your life and you wonder how you never tried it before? That’s me and canned salmon. What? Canned salmon? Is this the 90’s?
I mean, I lived off canned tuna for years! But, I never ventured into salmon. I’ve only ever ate salmon in one form: a filet. Ok, sushi too. Two forms. Peruse the “Fish & Seafood” section above and will see a wonderful assortment salmon filets a million different ways 🙂
So the canned salmon was staring at me every time I opened the cabinet. “Tryyyy me,” it shouted. You won’t be disappointed. But the thing with canned (anything, really) salmon is the shelf life is seemingly endless and so there’s no sense of urgency. And so it sat.
Welp, one day I needed a quick lunch and this yumminess was created. It’s crazy simple. I love easy peasy meals that are perfect for lunch or dinner AND are easily packable for work or school. I think fresh and healthy food should be easy!
The fresh ingredients like the grapes, spinach, walnuts, and lime zest really add a crisp, seasonal freshness that is perfect this summer. So, let’s make these super simple Chipotle Lime Salmon Wraps:
Empty the drained salmon cans into a medium bowl.
Add 1/4 cup chipotle lime avocado mayo (I really like this one this one), chopped walnuts, and sliced grapes (you can also use craisins) to the bowl.
Mix everything together.
Place an additional dollop of chipotle lime mayo on top of the spinach.
Add salmon salad and then zest a lime on top.
- 2 5oz. cans boneless skinless pink salmon in water
- ¼ cup chipotle lime avocado mayo + 1T. for each wrap
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup grapes, sliced in half
- 4 low carb wraps
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 lime for zesting
- Empty the drained salmon cans into a medium bowl.
- Add ¼ cup chipotle lime avocado mayo (I really like this one this one), chopped walnuts, and sliced grapes to the bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- Grab your low carb wraps and place a handful of baby spinach on each wrap.
- Place an additional dollop of chipotle lime mayo on top of the spinach.
- Add salmon salad and then zest a lime on top.
Save this for later!! I made this fun Pinterest image for you 🙂
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked, I receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting thetoastedpinenut.com! xo