It’s five o’clock somewhere, chicas!! Today I’m celebrating #thirstythursday with some really fun margaritas. When we lived in Philly, there was this place we went to – it was our pre-kids, pre-adulting favorite restaurant around the corner that served pitchers of margaritas. You just brought your own tequila and they took care of the rest.
I miss that place. They also had a killer mole something or another. I don’t know, all I remember is there was a mole sauce that introduced me to the whole mole world. Totally forget the name of the restaurant… Jaryd help me out here…
Come to think of it, IIII should probably make a mole sauce, right?! I mean that would be perfect with these margaritas!!
Margaritas are a party drink, in my opinion. I don’t think there needs to be a party to drink them… I said as I type this in my jammies with a fancy blackberry lime margarita an arm’s reach away. It’s more of a mind set. Margaritas set the mood. If you walk into a gathering and said gathering has margaritas, people (me) will get excited, and drink them, and then dance, and then play Miley Cyrus’ party in the USA on repeat until you (I) get kicked out. Oh wait, this is getting weird. I might be telling you way too much about my personal life.
Just kidding. I think. But in all realness, margaritas get the party started. This is super simple, only a few ingredients, and you can feel super healthy about it because blackberries are loaded with vitamin C, and an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber. Sooo, I mean, do you need more convincing?
Let’s make some Blackberry Lime Margaritas and get this party started.
Place the blackberries and lime juice in your blender and blend until completely liquid. Add the tequila and triple sec and blend for another few seconds until everything is combined.
Drag half a lime around the rim of the glass to moisten it with lime juice. Place the kosher salt on plate and turn the glass upside down on the plate to get that salty rim.
Place ice cubes in each glass and pour in the blended margaritas. Garnish with additional blackberries and lime slices.
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 ounces lime juice (strained)
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Place the blackberries and lime juice in your blender and blend until completely liquid.
- Add the tequila and triple sec and blend for another few seconds until everything is combined.
- Grab a leftover lime half that you juiced and drag it around the rim of the glass to moisten it.
- Place the kosher salt on plate and shake it to spread it out on the plate.
- Turn the glass upside down on the plate to stick to the rim.
- Place ice cubes in each glass and pour in the blended margaritas.
- Garnish with additional blackberries and lime slices.
- Per margarita: Calories 194; Fat 0.4g; Protein 1.1g; Carb 9.3g (net carbs 5.4g); Fiber 3.9g; Sodium 5701mg