I’m not going to lie. I 100% made this soup because of that beauteous color. I’ve been wanting to make a beet soup and decided to debut it for Valentine’s Day, because I mean, how pretty?! Nothing gets you in that loving mood like pretty pinks and ruby reds. So, if you’re looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day appetizer, I gotchu boo.
Plus it’s super easy to prep ahead, keep in your blender and just heat up with the time is right. All about that ease and convenience, you know?
So let’s make some easy Beet + Leek Soup!!
- 2 large beets, cooked
- 1/2 - 1 leek
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 can (13 oz) unsweetened coconut milk (reserve some cream from the top for topping)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- First, cook your beets (or buy them pre-cooked).
- Cut off the stems of the beets and rinse them under cold water to remove any dirt.
- Place them in a large pot of boiling water for 60 minutes, topping off the water in the pot as needed.
- Drain the beets and allow them to cool in a colander in the sink.
- Turn on the cold water and peel the beets by pressing your thumb down firmly.
- Cut the peeled beets coarsely into cubes and place in your blender.
- Slice 1/2 - 1 leek, depending on how much onion flavor you like, place them in the blender.
- Add the cashews (soaked or not, depending on how much time you have. I didn't soak.), coconut milk, water, and sea salt.
- Blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Pour the soup into a pot over medium-high heat to warm before consumption.
- Top with toasted pepitas and coconut cream.
- You may need to warm the coconut cream in the microwave for 30 seconds so it's easily drizzle-able.
- Per serving: Calories 390; Fat 31.7g (Sat 16.4g); Protein 7.8g; Carb 19.2g (net carb 14.7g); Fiber 4.5g; Sodium 467mg